Sunday 3 September 2017

How To Begin Yoga



I have been practicing Yoga on and off for about ten years and find it helps reduce stress when I was working on call 24 HR shifts. Since my heart attack in May I've made it a part of my daily routine and have found a significant increase in natural energy and a reduction in the stress that can bring about Heart Disease.  Learning Yoga can not be made easier now with videos posted constantly on YouTube by Yogi Masters. I am at the very basic intermediate level and will never be able to do handstands or the splits that advanced Yoga practioners do. My favorite  intermediate position is The Fire Log.

I use a very large television with the YouTube app on the TV so I can experience it in a larger format. I have picked you a few that I use regularly that I encourage you to give it a try and you will be hooked on Yoga like I am. I know I will never be able (due to my health and flexibility ) to become an advanced Yoga practitioner but I do feel comfortable as a beginner and some of the intermediate positions which is what I will be sharing on my blog.




What You Will Need To Do Yoga 

1) A yoga mat
2) Comfortable clothing that is not tight fitting or extremely loose. 
3) Water
4) Access to watch YouTube videos that you can view easily 
5) Once you get into the routines from the videos you may want to look into music made for Yoga and lower the volume to the video instead.




The Five Minute Morning Yoga Beginner Sequence




This video for the morning is only five minutes long and is a great way to start practicing Yoga.
I find I am more energized after this workout in the morning to begin my day before going to work or start my very busy weekend plans with my family!



The Bedtime Beginner Yoga Sequence 




This is a great and easy night time routine to relax before bed or even during stressful times in your life .




No comments:

Post a Comment